Master Project List
First Presbyterian Church
MASTER PROJECT LIST
I. Regular Caretakers
1. Move old folding chairs from basement and Annex to be recycled.
2. Replace stained ceiling tiles around church and education wing.
3. Help set up for Wednesday Night Live activities (set tables, decorate, etc)
4. Repaint Handicap Parking signs in parking lots
5. Prep and paint walls in Annex West classrooms
6. Paint stairwell to basement in CE wing
7. Paint stairwell to basement in Choir room area.
8. Repair and Paint wall in Annex gym west entryway.
II. Small Projects:
1. Concrete has sunk between the pillars in the drive through and needs to be raised or replaced.
(NOTE - One section done - Nov 23 2011 by Rich Portwood and Steve Wolford)
2. Flagstone at the Lincoln Street entrance of the church - Needs repair and in some places replaced.
hallway by the kitchen,
memorial room, reception room by the office.
4. Soundproof above the walls in the education wing/ office area.
5. Scouts room Ceiling is very worn out. It needs paint.
6. Scout room need new doors.
7. Scouts have abandoned storage space due to lack of security. Need to upgrade the old area.
8. Ceiling Tile in Scout room/classroom area needs to be installed.
9. Move river rock (off of CE building when new roof put on 11/12) from Annex parking lot and place along
building on Burlington side where grass does not grow.
III. Skilled Projects
Remove and Replace Concrete slab under the air
conditioner unit to the east of the kitchen door need to be
raised for better drainage.
Parking lot - asphalt is breaking up on the
south side of the divider.
are several low spots in the parking
lot which lead to the breakup all over the parking lot. Drainage flow is not very good in the parking lot.
Carpet and wall covering in the education wing
rooms is the original from the 70ʼs. Leroy has repaired
vinyl baseboard in education rooms and has glued down wallpaper where he could. We have no extra pieces where it is missing on the walls.
4. Sliding stained glass doors in Memorial Room - glass needs to be repaired (caulking, or window putty, whatever it is called). Possible Memorial money to repair.
5. Carpet in sanctuary has holes appearing in some places and seams/threads pulling out when it is vacuumed.
6. Doorway into the sanctuary (with swinging doors) - the floor has been wet so many times that the screws will not hold down the threshold.
7. Refinish hardwood floors in the sanctuary - very worn.
8. New kitchen floor - uneven and broken and cracked tile. Install ceramic tile.
New carpet in the parlor - stretched to the max.
When furniture is moved is has sometimes pulled apart. Over the years the
carpet has been stitched together in places. Parlor & Library switched 8/2012
10. Complete balance of stained glass windows refurbishing (Chapel, Kessler room.)
11. Replace windows in Education Wing (with more energy efficient windows.)
12. Sound and visual improvements to Sanctuary. The large speakers in the sanctuary were installed in the 1970’s. The sound system is only about 10 years old.
13. Lighting improvements to Sanctuary. Sanctuary light fixtures require updating.
the parlor Parlor & Library switched 8/2012
Librarian (Sue N.) would like to see the library and the parlor switched
around.Parlor & Library switched 8/2012
16. Fan over choir creates strobe from light above.
17. Cover NE (CE building) colored windows - leaking and drafty 11/12
17. Scouts room needs electrical improvements. Light switches are scattered.
18. Scouts room Access is a concern. The 3 emergency exits are not well marked.
19. Heater for Hands Around the World store, Womens restroom in Memorial Room and Room 6 in Balcony.Jan 2012
20. Replace lights in Annex Gym with donated florescent light fixtures.
IV. Professionally Planned Projects
1. Education wing HVAC – Boilers are currently working but not the most efficient. The units in the individual rooms in the education wing continue to have problems with motors and fans. The units are so old that it is difficult to find parts when we have breakdowns.
2. Settling noticed on newer addition on the first and second floor.
3. Heating, Ventilating and air conditioning in Balcony area. Parlor and Kitchen.
4. Egress from the basement below the CE wing
5. Electric issues in a great deal of the building
6. Asbestos assessment. (The staff was going to look for an old assessment, possibly by GPAC of Kearney)
7. Accessibility around the church
8. Choir loft: Space inhibits some programs that could be offered. Problem is "not at top of the list” to fix per RK.
9. Choir room needs better ventilation & humidity control (piano tuning). Sound proofing.
10. Bell choir doesn’t want to be in front. Acoustically it is good where they are at. Would like to arrange in one row and to wrap around the director.
installed as temporary fix1939 win lath &plaster started falling down.
Plaster was taken
Chandelier was taken down. 16 inch square tile put up.
12. Choir loft needs more ventilation
13. Construct a Men's restroom and/or a family restroom near the front.
14. Jim Lewis suggested a corridor around and along the south side of fellowship hall. (This would require major changes in the heating and air conditioning to replace the equipment along that side.)
15. Improve security for nursery system.
Pooh Corner lunch room needs to be all tile flooring.
They need a 3 compartment sink. Cabinets no longer meet health codes - 3/2012
Pooh Corner would like a kitchen area. Would eliminate usage problems in present kitchen.
18. Re-varnish or replace front doors to sanctuary.
"We have been proclaiming
the love of Christ
in the heart of Hastings
Hastings, NE 68901
402 - 462 - 5147
Click links below for information on:
Click below to View
Videos of past FPC
Wednesday Night Live
FORMS TO DOWNLOAD
Use of Facilities Request
Order of St Andrew visitation form
Click on link below
First Presbyterian Church,
First Presby Hastings -
Join us right after the
during the 10:30 a.m.
for Summer Sunday School.
CLICK ON LOGO
TO GO TO WEBSITE
Volunteers and volunteer
work is important to us
and can be a tremendous
benefit to our church.
When volunteering to help
the church, please prayerfully
consider your time and
talents and give generously